Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Decorating for Christmas








We had to get the house decorated for the holidays a bit earlier than usual. We had the middle and high schoolers over for a Christmas party on the 6th. We had an ornament exchange and played "Dirty Santa". We had to go around a couple of times cause they just didn't want to make it fun by stealing! While we were decorating the tree the night before, Conley kept us entertained by singing karaoke (in character as Diddle, of course)! We've had several mornings with ice on the trees. It looked so beautiful I had to take a picture. We had two parties this past weekend- our church banquet and Sysco Knoxville's party. Savannah took our picture together before heading out the door to that one! Well- I'll post more next week. Can't believe Christmas is so close! AND my baby girl turns 13 on the 23rd! So hard to believe that! I guess I'll tell on myself - Gregg and I were in the car one day a couple weeks ago by ourselves and he-out of the blue- said, "In a couple of weeks we'll have a 13 year old." I just started crying! It's flown by so fast! I am not usually one to have that type of reaction, but it just really hit me! Gregg didn't know what to think! I know you are all laughing! Oh Well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, THANKS FOR THE NICE PICTURES, THE KIDS SEEMED TO ENJOY DECORATING THE TREE, OR WAS CONLEY MAKING THEM SO HAPPY WITH HIS SINGING.
GOOD PICTURE OF YOU AND GREGG.
I DIDN'T LAUGH AT YOU FOR CRYING, I DID TOO, WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE.
LOVE YOU ALL
MOM AND DAD SUMMERS

Anonymous said...

Aw! You all cried b/c I'll be 13 in 6 days? How sweet... I miss you all loads! I always pictured my 13th birthday with you all and Rachel there with me! I am having a slumber party with some friends, though, so I'm sure I'll have a good time!

Love and miss you ALL!!!
Love, Savannah xoxoxoxoxo