Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summer Break is Winding Down







These two months have flown by so quickly! Two trips to Florida, a trip to New Orleans with my husband for our anniversary, my parents came for two weeks, Vacation Bible School, working on home projects, etc. Now Gregg's parents are with us. My kids have had a grandpa swinging on the front porch for the last few weeks.
Savannah and Conley are gearing up for school on the 17th. Conley is not happy about having his birthday on the first day of school. He's been lucky enough to have it fall toward the end of summer break until this year.
Savannah got her braces off this week. Her smile is so pretty! We've been advised that Gregg should live on the porch with a gun for the next ten years.
We said goodbye to my grandmother last month. I know she's in Heaven with those loved ones who went before her. She kept my Papa waiting a long time, but I'm sure he was there to greet her! The photograph of her and the kids was taken last year.
It's been a very mild summer here in East Tennessee. Today is the first day that has been over 90, so we can't complain too much! We spent today at The Museum of Appalachia. (It was 92, but like I said- we can't complain!) The kids are now outside jumping on the trampoline with the garden hose spraying them while Arnold and Vonda nap. (We wore them out today!)

No comments: